Fishing During Coronavirus
According to most health experts, the COVID-19 pandemic does not have to curtail your fishing activity this spring and summer. With a few precautions, you can enjoy the great outdoors and the chance to snag a prize fish this year. Practicing social distancing and wearing a mask are small prices to pay for the chance to engage in this healthy outdoor activity.
Hints for Fishing Safely in the Pandemic
Most of the strategies for staying healthy while fishing during the coronavirus pandemic boil down to common sense. Familiarizing yourself with the guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) can allow you to protect your health while enjoying the benefits of fishing for your mental and physical well-being:
- Practice social distancing by using your fishing pole to measure a six-foot diameter around you in all directions. This will ensure that you stay a safe distance from others when fishing during coronavirus this spring and summer.
- Do not share fishing equipment. Each member of your party should have his or her own fishing gear and pole to avoid the possible transmission of disease.
- Stay at home if you are feeling sick or are showing any of the symptoms of COVID-19, which may include stomach upset, fever, coughing or difficulty in breathing.
- Use hand sanitizer to clean your hands after touching surfaces that others may have touched.
- Take special care not to touch your face, including rubbing your eyes, nose or mouth, when fishing during coronavirus.
Choosing a Homosassa fishing guide who maintains compliance with these guidelines will allow you to enjoy the health benefits of fishing during the coronavirus outbreak.
The Health Benefits of Fishing
Fishing is one of the best ways to relieve stress and to enhance your mental health. Studies have shown that outdoor activities are a great way to get Vitamin D through sunlight, which can improve your mood and your health. With many people experiencing anxiety during the COVID-19 outbreak, taking time out for a Homosassa fishing trip can provide a real boost for your emotional health and your overall self-esteem.
Learn More About Fishing During Coronavirus
Old South Expeditions offers curated Homosassa fishing trips in a safe environment. We practice social distancing and deliver the most practical options for fishing during coronavirus. Captain Brian Sawyer is an experienced guide with years of experience in providing fishing experiences for anglers in our area. Give us a call today at 863-712-5555 to schedule a fishing charter with us. We are here to serve you.